How do I use Decals?

Is there are example of how to use the decals flag?
I have an exported model with a dedicated material for decals. Should the decals be a seperate mesh? When I turn on the decal flag the material doesn’t draw.

My textures are seperate jpgs for diffuse and alpha.

TY
-Troy

0 Likes

It looks like its not working as intended in the OpenGL version. Can you try the D3D9 version and let me know if that works for you?

0 Likes

I had no luck with DX mode. I tried using a primitive for the decal and that had some success that was short lived when I turned on transparency or diffuse modulation. I also tried a png with the alpha baked in with no better results.

0 Likes

Ok, I’ll get you a sample asap - and I’ll fix the issues I find on the way aswell.

0 Likes

Its fixed in the latest WIP build. As far as I know you’ve been able to get it working, so I’ll skip the sample, let me know if you’re still having a problem :slight_smile:

0 Likes

That’s right! Got it working. There are a few things to keep in mind when using them. Once I finish up some other examples I am working on I will make one for decals. I still have a couple text related examples left.

0 Likes

I fixed the “flipped decal” issue, you’ll have that in the next build. Just Ctrl-F2 to rebuild the shaders once its up.

2 Likes