Playback AR Scenes and 3D VPKs on iOS
Software Requirements: We3D
- Manage augmented reality and 3d scenes created with the Valkyrie Engine.
- Add Valkyrie scenes using iOS sharing features. Use “Copy to We3D” when opening the Valkyrie Scene file (.vpk or .exe) in the “Files” app or any other file sharing app.
- Add Valkyrie scenes with your web browser using the built-in web interface. Type the address displayed in the app’s menu to open the web interface.
- Scale AR scenes in real-time to make them fit in your environment.
All scenes are displayed in either the Regular or AR tabs.
- The Regular tab allows you to experience Valkyrie scenes on your phone’s screen just like on a computer.
- The AR tab allows you to experience the Valkyrie scenes in Augmented Reality.
- To open a Valkyrie scene, tap on the scene’s icon once.
- To return to the Home Screen, tap on the menu located on the top-right corner and press the Home button.
Note that all Valkyrie scenes can be experienced in either modes.
- To send a Valkyrie scene to a different mode, press on the scene’s icon for 1 second and select Move to Regular / AR.
- To delete a Valkyrie scene, press on the scene’s icon for 1 second and select Delete.
How to Download a Valkyrie Scene?
A Valkyrie Scene uses the VPK file extension. There are multiple ways to send a VPK to your iOS devices.
Downloading from a website or from another iOS app
- Use a link given to you by someone else, or upload your VPK file to your preferred online storage service.
- Download it on your iOS device using Safari and select Open in We3D.
Sharing or copying it from another iOS app
Use any app’s share/open into feature and select “Copy to We3D” or “Open in We3D” while sharing a VPK file.
Transferring from a computer using a web browser
- While connected to a Wi-Fi network, open We3D on your iOS Device.
- Click on the menu on the top-right corner.
- Your current IP address will be displayed.
- On a computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network, enter this IP Address in your web browser and you will able to directly upload files to your iOS Device by drag & dropping them onto the web page.
You can then copy your VPK files in either the AR or the Regular subfolders.
To access the Settings Menu, navigate to the Home Screen, open the Settings app and select “We3D”.
- MSAA 4X controls the Anti-Aliasing. Turning off this option improves performance at the cost of rendering quality.
- Retina Resolution controls the rendering resolution. Turning off this option improves performance at the cost of rendering quality.
- Limit to 30 FPS limits the maximum frames per second to 30 frames per second. Can improve battery life at the cost of smoothness of playback - not recommended for AR.
- Low Res Textures reduces the resolution of all textures featured in the Valkyrie Scene. Can improve performance at the cost of display quality.
- No Post Process disables Post Process entities such as bloom. Can improve performance at the cost of display quality.
- Draw FPS displays the number of frames rendered per second.
- Draw Profiler displays a graph to measure the performance over time.
- MultiTouch allows actions such as pinching the screen to zoom.